Saturday, December 26, 2009

End o' the year.

The end of the year always makes me kind-of excited. I know it's only a day after Christmas, but I love seeing the "Top (insert thing here)" lists. With this being the end of the first 2000 decade, it's been really interesting to look at my life as a whole. I know I'll do more reflecting as the year comes even closer to a close, but it really makes me think about how much has happened in these 10 years. I mean, this is the first decade that I can actually remember all 10 years. I was only ten years old at the last decade, so the early 1990's were lost on me. In the past decade:

  1. I became an aunt, five times. 
  2. I traveled to New Zealand, Dominican Republic and Fiji. 
  3. I graduated from high school, and entered college. 
  4. I owned by first and second horse. (Hopefully not the last either!)
  5. I had my first boyfriend. (; 
  6. I learned to drive, and then got in my first accident. 
  7. I moved on three separate occasions, once on my own accord. 
  8. I finally stopped growing, at 6'1". 
  9. I became a vegetarian! 
  10. I met my best friend, who I love and who drives me CRAZY! 
I could go on, but that's where I'm at right now. Earlier this afternoon I found this great listing, for any of you who also like the alternative/indie stuff. Top Songs of 2009, indie style. It's a bunch of great songs from the year 2009, along with videos for you to hear each song. Pretty snazzy! 

Also, I learned that my name, Audrey, was number 78th for the most popular name in the 2000's. Sweeeet! 

Driving back home to Northern Virginia tomorrow, wish me some good fortune for a quick and easy drive down!

1 comment:

  1. I am really excited to write an end of the decade blog as well! I am new to your blog! I am going to get out the top songs now!

    ReplyDelete