Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Last minute shopping nightmares.

So, first off, I am so excited to see I've got a handful of followers. (: Thank you girls! I look forward to reading your blogs as well. I feel like I'm not nearly as adorably-preppy as you all are, but I'm sure that you'll do a through job in furthering my "preppy-ness." (:

Today I decided to tackle finishing shopping for my parents. Can I just say, that is something that is a million times easier in theory. The mall was packed. I've never muttered so many ugly words under my breath as I was pushed and jostled around. The fact that all the local public schools are cancelled because of the "blizzard," I think that almost all of Northern Virginia was at this quasi-outlet mall. However, I spent some quality time in Books-A-Million (one of the most heinous book stores, but the only one that this mall had) and found books and CD's for Mom and Dad. I'm still on the search for a CD by the band Straight No Chaser, the acapella men's Christmas group. Mom's a big acapella junkie, as am I, so I'm hoping I figure something out soon.

In other news, I wore my coral J. Crew cords today, and I loved 'em. They're Shorts versus my normal Talls, so they fit just like a good pair of cropped pants. Black sweater, white polo, black flats and a black belt; I looked so cute. It's just no fun that I had to share my adorable outfit with the mall walkers. Can't win them all, right?

Horse news: Called and talked to the trainer with Alando today, I just need to do some shamoozing with my parents to make them realize that the money is worth it, since he's rather, well... pricey. Aren't all the best things expensive anyway?

Until tomorrow, au revoir!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to be a new follower! Glad you're on, Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute classic outfit! i was at the mall today too - why do i always wait till the absolute last minute?!?! haha. welcome to the blog world and merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete