Friday, December 25, 2009

There's no place like home.

Being both a Kansas girl at heart, I was very, very happy to come back to my *actual* home today. Unlike most families, mine does not usually attend church since we moved to Northern Virginia. We attended the greatest church while living in Kansas, but we cannot find anything that compares since we've moved. So, last night when Mom returned home from work in DC, we began opening Christmas presents. For my family, we've always opened the Santa/Mom/Dad/Aud/Dude (younger brother) presents on Christmas Eve.

 Usually, we're travelling to New Jersey, or in New Jersey on Christmas day, so bringing all of our presents from our parents, is just... unnecessary. Mom and Dad both provided me with a number of wonderful pieces of clothing from J. Crew, a down vest from Gap, and a gorgeous printed picture of the Fox Hunt Parade that takes place here in Middleburg, VA every December. My "true" Christmas present is a trip to Jacksonville, Florida to compete with a horse that I should have hypothetically found by now. I'm going to hope that this is going to work, haha.

The boyfriend's gift showed up yesterday as well. Because he's wonderful, amazing among other things, he got me Season 5 of Grey's Anatomy. This, makes me a VERY happy camper. Along with that, he got me a beautiful pair of earrings, which he assured me were not made of nickel since I have a rather serious, and aggravating skin allergy. SUCH a sweetheart. I'm so so lucky to have such a wonderful man in my life. 

So, we hopped in our car this morning, packed with our suitcases and presents for my Aunts, Uncles, Grandmother and two cousins. Leaving at 6AM, it was not really my idea of fun. But, I got to sit in back and watch Grey's with mom while Dad drove. I slept for a little while, not too much. We opened presents today, I got the cutest Coach bag and wristlet, sterling silver ring with a horse on it, money to J. Crew, money for Jacksonville, slippers, clothing from J. Crew, and a few books. It was all in all a GREAT Christmas. I love my family, as dysfunctional as we can be sometimes.

So, I hope you all had a great Christmas as well. (: I hope Santa brought you all that you guys asked for and more!
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment